Active Shooter Training
Presented by Avitus Group Safety & Risk Management Department
Avitus Group’s Active Shooter Course is the most comprehensive, affordable and effective course available for businesses, organizations, and schools who wish to greatly enhance their safety at work, home or play. Below are some of the topics our short 2 ½ hour course will cover:
• Our current mindset and why we need to change our default mode
• How our bodies respond physiologically to crisis and how that puts us at greater risk
• How to recognize a threat and react appropriately
• How active shooter events evolve
• Emergency Action Planning
• Emergency Preparedness Assessment to identify strengths, vulnerabilities and compliance issues that expose you to unnecessary risk
• Tactics for survival
• Walk through scenarios on what you can do, individually or as a group, if confronted with an Active Shooter – Hands on demonstration
• Evacuations, Hiding and Barricading
• What happens when Law Enforcement arrives and what you should and should not do.
• Cell Phone do’s and don’ts
• Personal weapons considerations
• Understanding the mindset of an Active Shooter
• How to recognize indicators of a potential threat
• Post event actions and how to manage the consequences
Avitus Group calls on employers worldwide to unite against workplace violence. We offer OSHA mandated Active Shooter Training for FREE to the business community.
Human Resource and Risk Management Consultant
This course was developed and is instructed by Steve McDonald.
- • Retired State Trooper with the Montana Highway Patrol.
- • Experience as a Federal, State and Local law enforcement officer.
- • 14 years’ service in the U.S. Air Force and is a veteran of Operation Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
- • Experienced in dealing with armed individuals in both active and stand-off type situations.
- • Consultant, Instructor, Certified Personal/Professional Development Coach
- • Extensive training and training program development experience
- • Over 30 years in public speaking
Washington Business Community is Invited (Business owners, executives, managers, and decision makers)
Active Shooter Training presentation focused on how to create a safe work environment for employees, clients, customers, and visitors. Breakfast will be served.
Bellevue Chamber of Commerce (Training Room)
330 112th Ave NE #100, Bellevue, WA 98004
February 16th from 8:30 to 11:00 am